for the Women’s Declaration of Sex-based rights. Jan Rivers 4-7-2020 Questions 1 Can you … [Read More...]
Introduction. The scale of the consultation. The push for early publication. The long term impact. Explanation of the layout of the report. Volume I Volume II Volume 3 parts 1 & 2 Volume IV Appendix 1 Equating Māori and Pākehā values. The full text of the Royal Commission on Social Policy and link to the… [Continue Reading]
I’ve recently read A Faith to fight for” which was Left Book Club founder John Strachey’s lengthy letter to his daughter, written during The Blitz for her to read in 1951 (should she survive – luckily she did). Under this situation of duress Strachey felt compelled to look at the ultimate values by which to… [Continue Reading]
What Public Good is About
The whole, ‘Is the Internet a good thing or a bad thing’? We’re done with that. It’s just a thing. How to maximise its civic value, its public good – that’s the really big challenge
Clay is a consultant and teacher on the social and economic effects of internet technology
- Healthy democracy requires the voice of dissent. Rosemary Neave
- We think that democracy is about more than ensuring that our electoral system can add us to the voter register and count our votes accurately. Public Good Website
Latest Posts on Democracy
- Presentation on the NZ situation in relation to gender identity in Aotearoa NZ
- Toppling the statues. What about the real blights on our landscape?
- A cautious approach is needed for children and young people with gender confusion .
- Solutions that are fair to everyone?
- TERF: a derogatory term to shut down debate
Haere mai - Welcome to Te Iwi Whānui - Public Good
Join us in rebuilding the social contract between people and government
About Public Good
We are a volunteer network focused on the public sphere. There are three legs to our work - a Strong Public Sector, Genuine Democracy and Engagement, and Community Wealth A … More About Public Good
Support Public Good
Join Us – How to Get Involved
Our aim is to encourage people to become active in their communities, to participate in democracy - we get the society we work for. This network … Read More