Stats New Zealand is holding a consultation which closes on 13 August on sex and gender identity … [Read More...]
Introduction. The scale of the consultation. The push for early publication. The long term impact. Explanation of the layout of the report. Volume I Volume II Volume 3 parts 1 & 2 Volume IV Appendix 1 Equating Māori and Pākehā values. The full text of the Royal Commission on Social Policy and link to the… [Continue Reading]
I’ve recently read A Faith to fight for” which was Left Book Club founder John Strachey’s lengthy letter to his daughter, written during The Blitz for her to read in 1951 (should she survive – luckily she did). Under this situation of duress Strachey felt compelled to look at the ultimate values by which to… [Continue Reading]
What Public Good is About
Universal public services are one of the strongest weapons in the fight against inequality
Public Services International
Civil Society Statement on World Public Service Day 2015
- For us public service encompasses all the people who contribute to community well-being. public good
There is peace in dungeons, but is that enough to make dungeons desirable?
The Social Contract
Latest Posts on Democracy
- Women go missing in Stats NZ proposed approach to sex and gender identity data
- Presentation on the NZ situation in relation to gender identity in Aotearoa NZ
- Toppling the statues. What about the real blights on our landscape?
- A cautious approach is needed for children and young people with gender confusion .
- Solutions that are fair to everyone?
Haere mai - Welcome to Te Iwi Whānui - Public Good
Join us in rebuilding the social contract between people and government
About Public Good
We are a volunteer network focused on the public sphere. There are three legs to our work - a Strong Public Sector, Genuine Democracy and Engagement, and Community Wealth A … More About Public Good
Support Public Good
Join Us – How to Get Involved
Our aim is to encourage people to become active in their communities, to participate in democracy - we get the society we work for. This network … Read More