Stats New Zealand is holding a consultation which closes on 13 August on sex and gender identity … [Read More...]
Introduction. The scale of the consultation. The push for early publication. The long term impact. Explanation of the layout of the report. Volume I Volume II Volume 3 parts 1 & 2 Volume IV Appendix 1 Equating Māori and Pākehā values. The full text of the Royal Commission on Social Policy and link to the… [Continue Reading]
I’ve recently read A Faith to fight for” which was Left Book Club founder John Strachey’s lengthy letter to his daughter, written during The Blitz for her to read in 1951 (should she survive – luckily she did). Under this situation of duress Strachey felt compelled to look at the ultimate values by which to… [Continue Reading]
What Public Good is About
The whole, ‘Is the Internet a good thing or a bad thing’? We’re done with that. It’s just a thing. How to maximise its civic value, its public good – that’s the really big challenge
Clay is a consultant and teacher on the social and economic effects of internet technology
- For us public service encompasses all the people who contribute to community well-being. public good
- a Strong Public Sector, Genuine Democracy and Engagement, and Community Wealth Public Good Website
Latest Posts on Democracy
- Women go missing in Stats NZ proposed approach to sex and gender identity data
- Presentation on the NZ situation in relation to gender identity in Aotearoa NZ
- Toppling the statues. What about the real blights on our landscape?
- A cautious approach is needed for children and young people with gender confusion .
- Solutions that are fair to everyone?
Haere mai - Welcome to Te Iwi Whānui - Public Good
Join us in rebuilding the social contract between people and government
About Public Good
We are a volunteer network focused on the public sphere. There are three legs to our work - a Strong Public Sector, Genuine Democracy and Engagement, and Community Wealth A … More About Public Good
Support Public Good
Join Us – How to Get Involved
Our aim is to encourage people to become active in their communities, to participate in democracy - we get the society we work for. This network … Read More