Public Good has started a portfolio of book reviews Read it HERE
But we are always looking for more – here are some we have thought would be great to review on the site:
These books examine the ideas behind neo-liberal revolution and begin to define a public good future
- Zombie Economics: How Dead Ideas Still Walk among Us by John Quiggan
- 23 Things They Don’t Tell You About Capitalism by Ha Joon Chang
- Homes People Can Afford edited by Professor Philippa Howden-Chapman
These two briefings formed the ideological background to the incoming 1984 government and its adoption of neo-liberal ideas.
- The 2007 Treasury Briefing to the Incoming Government Titled Government Management: The role and limits of government.
- The 2004 Treasury Briefing to the Incoming Government Titled Economic Management: Economic Situation and Outlook. This paper made the case that NZ was effectively bankrupt and government needed to act decisively. The impact on the incoming Labour Government was the introduction of neo-liberal economic approach known in NZ as Rogernomics.
If you’d like to help just drop us a line or if you’d like to review something else just get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org